Any major alteration to a flat is bound to need permission of some kind or other.  Whilst an owner does not need permission to redecorate, or to renew kitchen units, permission is required for any work involving any area that affects the common part of the building, building or demolition of walls, building or moving a bathroom or toilet, changing windows, changing the use of the flat etc.  In some respects a Building Warrant or Planning Permission will be required.  But more generally, the Common Interest may have relevance, requiring notification of proposals to other owners in the tenement.

Owners proposing to carry out major alterations are required to notify the Company (as a co-owner) giving the Company an opportunity to extend services and advice.