Why is your Rent Payment important?
Paying Rent for your property is not a matter of choice.
At the point you signed your tenancy agreement you agreed to pay your rent on time.
When rent arrears accrue this may result in the Association having difficulties in providing services or meeting the costs required to maintain and repair your home.
The Association understands that there are various reasons as to why people may find themselves in arrears. We recognise that people may find it difficult to face up to financial problems and may not know where to start.
If you are experiencing financial problems it will make the situation worse if you ignore correspondence and attempts to contact you.
We can either speak with you in the office or arrange to come to visit you at home at a time suitable for you.
If you are unable to pay the outstanding amount in full we can make a repayment plan. We will offer a suitable instalment plan based on what you can afford to pay.
Download our Rent Setting Policy and Current Rent Arrears Policy - includes details of how your rent is calculated, comparisons with other organisations and ways to pay.
If you're on a low income and need financial help to pay all or part of your rent, you may be able to get Housing Benefit. Housing Benefit is a means tested benefit payable to people who are responsible for paying Rent based on the:-
- Amount of money you receive
- Amount of savings and investments you have
- Circumstances of people who live with you
To find out more about claiming Housing Benefit Click Here
Rent Payment Methods
- Direct Debit - forms available from office; direct debits can be set up over the phone, contact the office with your bank account details and a member of staff can set this up without you having to come into the office to sign any paperwork.
- ALLPAY Card - can use to pay within shops, petrol stations, Post Office - contact the office for a payment card
- Online at https://www.allpayments.net/allpayments/ (Debit Cards only)
- Payment at the Association Office
- By Debit/Credit Card in the office or over the telephone