Apply for a House

Apply for a house - New Tenants

Under the Housing (Scotland) Act 2014 all applicants, over the age of 16, have a right to be admitted onto our housing list. 

Anyone who wishes to be considered for re-housing should contact the Associations offices to arrange an interview to complete an application form. This can be done by phone, by attending the office or by e-mail using the contact details.

Due to the large number of applicants it is necessary for the Association to assess each individual's housing need and determine what course of action should be taken.

Unfortunately the Association do not have a high enough turnover of accommodation to satisfy the demand of the applicants on the list and it is unlikely that applicants with less than 70 points will receive an offer of accommodation.

Apply for Re-housing - Existing Tenants

Existing tenants of Milnbank Housing Association can apply for re-housing if their current property does not meet their housing need, EG. overcrowding, under-occupancy, medical reasons etc.

If you wish to apply for a transfer to another property please contact the office and a member of housing management will arrange to visit you.

Transfer applicants will be visited at home by a Housing Officer to determine the housing need, check the circumstances detailed in the application form and identify any issues with regards to noticeable rechargeable repairs.

pdf document Click here for details of our Allocations Policy